Online Master’s in Systems & Control Engineering
Solving Real-World Problems
If you're interested in how technology impacts medicine, arts, sciences, business, law, social behavior and beyond, a career in systems and control engineering may be a rewarding one. More than 194,300 new jobs in engineering and architecture occupations are expected to be added from 2016 to 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.1 Case Western Reserve University's online Master of Science (MS) in Systems and Control Engineering program prepares today's diverse students for rewarding careers in multiple engineering fields. Students can study on a schedule that is convenient for them, from wherever they are in the world, on whatever device they prefer.
Case Western Reserve's MS in Systems and Control Engineering features multidisciplinary coursework and research in systems analysis, design and control. These areas require cross-disciplinary tools and methods for their solutions, and students in this program will master these in order to perform research in non-linear control, optimization, signal processing, global modeling and systems biology.
At Case Western Reserve, we strive for distinction through excellence, productivity and innovation. We emphasize a student-centric, experiential learning environment that prepares capable professionals, effective teammates and lifelong learners.
We are delighted to share a tuition reduction toward this degree for those who qualify. Visit our tuition page to learn more.
Online MS in Systems and Control Engineering Program Structure
The online MS in Systems and Control Engineering program blends research with practical applications. Courses focus on applied theoretical knowledge that is used to solve today's engineering concerns. Potential areas of research and application include building and managing systems for renewable energy, the application of automation and robotics to a variety of industries, and more of the world's most pressing issues.
Students can customize their coursework with classes of their choosing to create a program that matches their specific passions within the broader field of systems and control engineering. And close interactions with attentive faculty can help to make coursework more meaningful and relevant to each student, setting them up for success upon graduation.
The structure of the online Master of Science (MS) in Systems and Control Engineering program is as follows:
- 10 3-credit courses (30 credits)
- 5 core courses
- 5 technical elective courses in the areas of control, energy and dynamics
- Finish in as few as 16 months
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering is preferred; for those with a bachelor's degree in a non-engineering discipline, applicants must demonstrate a strong proficiency in calculus, math and other sciences.
Let our admissions outreach advisors provide you with personal assistance, answer your questions and guide you through the application process.
Program benefits at a glance:
- Study at a Top 50 School for Systems Engineering that provides an extensive network of award-winning faculty and engineering alumni2
- Classes feature engaging discussions and problem-solving with engineers from interdisciplinary scientific backgrounds
- Develop relationships with peers and teachers, which can turn into valuable networking and mentorship opportunities
- Our user-friendly online learning platform enables students to connect with classmates and professors instantly. Progress is automatically tracked, and students can get in touch with faculty at any time
Message from the Program Director
Vira Chankong, Program Director
Associate Professor - Optimization
"Welcome to the Master of Science in Systems and Control Engineering online degree program. We take a holistic look at issues and solve real-world problems. Join us, and you will graduate with expertise in analysis, modeling, simulation, design and leadership skills.
Learn from our expert faculty who are actively engaged in applications from aerospace to energy and biomedical systems.
At Case Western Reserve, we produce great team leaders. We look forward to welcoming you to our community."
- Retrieved on March 12, 2018, from www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/home.htm
- Retrieved on September 13, 2022, from usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/case-western-reserve-university-201645/overall-rankings