About Case Western Reserve University
As one of the nation’s leading private research universities, Case Western Reserve University is ranked among both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Top 50 best universities in the nation and the Times Higher Education’s Top 50 best colleges in the United States.
With more than 10,000 students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries—more than 100,000 alumni worldwide—Case Western Reserve awards more than 2,500 undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees each year.
A Case Western Reserve degree is respected across the world, and our graduates carry the reputation of being innovators and problem-solvers across many industries. The programs continue to become increasingly valuable—and sought after—with each new year.
The Online Experience
The online learning platform at CWRU allows students the flexibility to pursue a variety of master's degrees in the field of engineering from a leading university. The learning experience is led by expert faculty who work to enhance the curriculum with new research, case studies, and simulations that together create a cutting-edge digital classroom for students all over the world.
About Case School of Engineering
With a strong history of producing leading professionals, organizations and companies, Case School of Engineering is renowned for its innovative approaches to technology. Our programs provide students with challenging coursework from professors with expertise in research and innovation. Now, the school proudly offers four cutting-edge, highly ranked graduate degrees in engineering 100 percent online.
Making Our Case: Rankings and Accreditations
Internationally renowned for more than 130 years, Case School of Engineering is dedicated to innovation and is consistently ranked among the best engineering schools in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report:2
- #37 National University1
- Top 50 Best Engineering Grad School2
- #10 Best Value College in the Midwest3
- #32 Best U.S. College4
- Top 20 Best Biomedical Engineering Grad School
- #44 Best Systems Engineering Grad School
- #42 Best Mechanical Engineering Grad School
- Member of the Association of American Universities
- 6 Case Western Reserve alumni have made Forbes Magazine’s list of 30 under 30 innovators and leaders since 20125
- Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges
- Since 2012, CWRU LaunchNet has helped more than 500 students and alumni research and start enterprises
Case Studies of Success: Notable Case School of Engineering Alumni
Our graduates have gone on to work for some of the world’s foremost companies across a multitude of engineering specializations, and both our current students and alumni continue to turn heads and receive praise for their contributions to the industry.
The school has produced many notable alumni, including:
- Paul Buchheit '98, Google Employee #23 and Creator of Gmail
- Chi-Foon Chan '74, '77, President and Co-CEO of Synopsys, Inc.
- Herbert H. Dow 1888, Founder of Dow Chemical
- Robert J. Herbold '66, '68, Executive Vice President and COO of Microsoft Corporation (Retired)
- Laura Flanagan ‘90, President and CEO of Foster Farms
- Alexander Kummant '82, Former President and CEO of Amtrak
- Rafael Carbunaru ‘96, ‘99, Vice President of Research and Development at Boston Scientific
- Lilip Lau '89, Inventor of the Guidant/Abbott Multi-link Stent Platform
- Craig Newmark '75, '77, Founder of craigslist
- William Delano ‘74, General Manager of Chesterton Mexicana
- Frank Rudy '50, Inventor of the Nike Air Sole
- Andrew Witte 2009, Inventor of the Pebble Watch
- Myra Dria ‘76, President and CEO of Pearl Resources
- Afzal Tarar ‘91, Chair and Managing Partner at Arcis Capital Partners
- Hang Loi ‘88, Project Manager/Senior Specialist Engineer at 3M
- Felipe Gomez del Campo 2016, Founder and CEO of FGC Plasma Solutions
An In to the Industry: Our Research and Industry Partnerships
Our research is informed by the 270+ partnerships we hold with exceptional institutions and industries in the region. These partnerships provide Case Western Reserve with more than $400 million in research funding per year, which allows our students to access our faculty’s advanced knowledge, tools and technology in their academic pursuits.
Our partnerships include the following, among many others:
- NASA Glenn Research Center
- University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Cleveland Clinic
- Johnson & Johnson
- FirstEnergy Corp.
- General Electric
Learn more about our online graduate engineering programs.
- Retrieved on March 27, 2017, from colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/case-western-reserve-university-3024/overall-rankings
- Retrieved on March 27, 2017, from usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/case-western-reserve-university-201645/overall-rankings
- Retrieved on March 27, 2017, from forbes.com/pictures/lmh45edhgm/10-case-western-reserve/#bb54be5336a5
- Retrieved on March 27, 2017, from timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/case-western-reserve-university#ranking-dataset/596947
- Retrieved on March 27, 2017, from engineering.case.edu/Gomez-del-Campo-30-Under-30